Friday, May 21, 2010

Chris'hot Dog - Montgomery, AL

>>> Yes this place is called Chris'hot Dog. No I don't understand the syntax either. It is however, fun to say outloud. "CHRIS'HOT DOG."

Original review written by Matt R.
criticism by Pickypants

How do you even go about reviewing a place like this? Do people actually go here for the food (honest question)?

>>> Well, the last time I went to Chris'hot dog it was to browse through their incredible collection of first edition Jane Austen novels.

I guess I went here because of the history.

>>> Ah yes, Chris'hot Dog does have a long and varied past. I am surprised you didn't take the tour.

Along the same line as Ben's Chili Bowl in DC.

>>> I heard Washington DC was changing their state license plate to feature Ben's Chili Bowl.

The place is really a dive, which to me adds to its appeal. I'm imaging HW stumbling around and starting fights.

>>> Oh HW. What a rogue he is.

I ordered one hot dog and one cheeseburger. Both were pretty bad. At first I planned on giving this place two stars because of it's storied past, but seriously, the food sucks. One star it is.

>>> I think people need to get out more in Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment