Thursday, April 29, 2010

Surfside 7 Cafe - Fort Collins, CO

Original review written by Claire L.

This may be a punk rock bar, but that doesn't mean I should have to deal with douche bags.

>>> Actually, I think that's exactly what that means.

I really wanted to give this place a chance since it looks like a good crowd, but I will never go back. Upon leaving the (disgusting, graffitied) bathroom, we are confronted with a giant crowd which we politely try to penetrate.

>>> I've been there, friend.

After ACCIDENTALLY nudging some giant septum-ringed female she shouts at us, "welcome to surfside bitches". Whoa. Hello fellow patron.

>>> This bar sounds excellent! I wonder why she only gave it one star.

I'm sorry I'm blond (sic) and just happen to be all dolled up because its (sic) my birthday, but does it really make your night to verbally assault my friend and i?

>>> Yes, what right does someone have to call you a bitch, when you only described her as being a giant septum-ringed female? And at a punk rock bar no less? The nerve!

Punk rock it may be, but seriously? If I'm here instead of at Wash bar then you know I'm not some classless doofus who doesn't care where I spend my money. So how about you DONT accost me?

>>> I am sure you said this to her as well, instead of talking shit in a Yelp review on your phone.

This is not a reflection of the bar itself, but if all of its patrons are like this I'm done.

>>> A noble finish to a poised and classy review. But wait, there's an update to the review!

My precious baby cousin (don't tell him I call him that)

>>> I promise.

has a band who played a show here. He, and about 300 other people I consider to be cool tell me I have to come back. So I will try it out this weekend, and let you guys know how it goes!

>>> I will wait desperately for your final word.


1 comment: